Understanding Disney Dining Reservations
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about Disney Dining Reservations for your trip to the Most Magical Place on Earth!
Do I Need A Reservation To Dine At Disney World? Many first-time visitors are pleasantly surprised to discover the significance of planning dining reservations ahead of time for an extraordinary experience. The resounding answer is “yes, reservations are essential.” But don’t fret – I’m here to navigate this process together, putting your mind at ease. Let’s dive in and learn more about Disney Dining reservations!
- Looking for Disney Dining Dress Codes: CLICK HERE
- Looking for Disney Dining Plan Information: CLICK HERE
- Looking for When You Can Make Your Disney Dining Reservations: CLICK HERE
Why Disney Dining Reservations Matter
Picture this: You’re heading on your dream vacation to Disney World, where every moment is a treasure waiting to be unearthed. Your dining reservations serve as your golden ticket to unlock a world of culinary delights. Whether you’re savoring the elegance of Cinderella’s Royal Table or exploring the vibrant flavors of Be Our Guest, securing your spot ensures you won’t miss out on these unforgettable experiences.
The Booking Timeline
So, when is the perfect time to weave your dining dreams into reality? Set your sights 60 days ahead of your visit. Guests staying at a Disney Resort (excluding the Disney Springs area resort hotels, offsite hotels, Shades of Green, or the Swan and Dolphin) can seize the moment and reserve dining spots for their entire stay, extending up to 10 days, starting precisely 60 days before check-in.
Guests not staying at Disney Resort can begin making Disney dining reservations at the same 60-day mark. The only difference is you can only make a dining reservation for one day at a time. For example, May 31st is the first day of your Walt Disney World vacation, 60 days prior (April 1st) you can make a reservation for May 31st. Then on April 2nd, you can make a reservation for June 1st. And, so on, for each day of your vacation.
Pro Tip: Secure Your Magic
Keep the excitement alive by avoiding any hiccups. A friendly reminder: Disney charges a $10-to-$25-per-person penalty for missed reservations or cancellations within 2 hours of your dining time. Let’s ensure your dining escapades are nothing short of enchanting. If you’re not able to make your reservation, cancel it at least 2 hours prior.
Before you embark on your culinary journey, let’s ensure you’re well-prepared:
- My Disney Experience Account: Your gateway to all things Disney. Set it up and have your hotel reservation linked for seamless planning.
- Party Linking: Speed up the process by connecting all dining party members as Friends or Family on your My Disney Experience account.
- Credit Card Ready: Have your credit card handy to guarantee reservations against any unforeseen surprises.
Crafting Your Culinary Story
The road to your dining dreams begins with a simple click. Our digital wonderland offers two splendid options: Disney’s website or the My Disney Experience app on your phone. Yes, you can also call 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463), but let’s embrace the future – it’s faster and more convenient. The website and app unveil a ton of options tailored to your party size. If your ideal time isn’t available, fret not! Disney will present alternatives within a two-hour window, if possible. Keep an eye on your inbox for a confirmation number, it’s your trusty companion for a worry-free experience.
Seizing the Opportunity
Timing is of the essence. The website and app unlock the magic of the next day’s reservations around 5:45 AM Eastern Time. If you prefer the old-fashioned option of ringing the phone, the lines open an hour later at 7:00 AM. There’s definitely an advantage to making your Disney dining reservations online or via the My Disney Experience app.
Embracing the Magic Moments
Now, let’s delve into the heart of your Disney dining experience. Imagine being greeted by your favorite Disney character at breakfast or indulging in the cozy (yet, fun-filled) ambiance of Oga’s Cantina. As demand ebbs and flows, certain reservations are in high demand for a variety of reasons including the restaurant size and uniqueness of the dining experience. For example the intimate setting of The Plaza Restaurant or the royal atmosphere of Cinderellas Royal Table.
Navigating Challenges, Embracing Alternatives
What happens if your dream reservation slipped through your fingers? Take a deep breath – your Disney adventure is far from ruined. Here’s how to keep the magic alive:
- Flexibility: Explore backup options – a new adventure might be just around the corner.
- Quick-Service Delights: Embrace quick-service meals for speedy, budget-friendly satisfaction.
- Open Table Magic: When Disney’s website isn’t showing availability, consider Open Table for dining options.
- Persistence Pays: Keep checking periodically for newly available slots.
- The Walk-In Experience: Arrive early when a restaurant opens for a chance at a walk-in table.
- Mobile Dine Walk-up Waitlist: Experience the thrill of securing an open table through the My Disney Experience app’s waitlist feature.
- Table Service To Go: Indulge in the convenience of ordering food from select table service restaurants on the go through the My Disney Experience app.
When planning your vacation with a Disney Vacation Planner, like myself, I will help with making your Disney dining reservations. Additionally, I continually check back on those hard-to-secure dining reservations that may have snuck by the first time. All at no additional charge.
A Magical Culinary Odyssey
Get ready to embark on a journey where every bite is a step into the enchanting world of Disney dining. With reservations as your compass, you’re poised to unlock a realm of flavors, experiences, and memories. Dive into the process with excitement, savor the anticipation, and prepare to feast on culinary wonders that will elevate your vacation to a whole new level. Your dining dreams are a reservation away – let the magic unfold!
Looking To Book Your Dream Disney Vacation?
I’d love to help you and your family book your trip! My concierge-level travel planning services are free for all Disney destinations. There are never any additional fees for using my services to book your dream Disney vacation.